Haines Assisted Living Center
The Haines Assisted Living Center is small town Alaska’s premier assisted living home. Built in 2009 to a standard we call Alaska Gold, it is LEED Certified; designed for resident comfort, security and efficiency of operations and maintenance. Compassionate care is the guiding principal and it allows this non-profit charity to deliver quality services in a small (only 8 units), family environment.
- Trained staff available 24 hours a day.
- Daily visits by a licensed nurse as needed.
- Three delicious, well-balanced meals are served daily with an emphasis on nutrition and organically grown, locally harvested foods including wild salmon, halibut, and game meat, when available.
- Snacks available throughout the day and tea at three.
- Resident gatherings with staff for input on meals, care, programs, and events.
- Scheduled resident and family meetings.
- Daily physical fitness, creative, social, and learning opportunities
Social programs like our once a month ice cream social open to families and community members.
- Rides to the hair salons or other appointments.
- Scheduled group trips to the Chilkat Center for the Arts for concerts or plays.
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal (we compost and recycle).
- Weekly personal laundry (except dry-cleaning).
- Maintenance of building and grounds.
We offer attractive suites, with wall-to-wall carpenting and ADA-compliant bathrooms.
Emergency call response system in every apartment and a state of the art fire safety system.
Comfortable gathering areas:
- Our sunny south facing room with comfy chairs where residents and guests gather to enjoy the spectacular view of the Chilkat Mountain Range, or to play games and drink tea by the woodstove on a snowy Alaskan afternoon.
- Residents dine around large round wood tables with “lazy susans”, loved by all because of their advantage for socializing.
- The open floor plan of our gathering areas includes the kitchen, reminiscent of a family room, where residents may communicate with our chef—planning and participating if they wish. Guests are always welcome.
- A spatious foyer includes a piano and decorative TV cabinet. In the evenings residents may gather to watch movies or are entertained by the many local musicians who come to perform for the residents.
There are washers and dryers available for personal use.
Single and Double apartments are available. Every apartment overlooks our "Mainstreet" corridor and has mountain views. Each apartment has a large living room area, which includes a snack area with countertops, cabinets, sink and closet. Each also has a separate bedroom and fully tiled bathroom with shower.
Single Apartment Bedroom
Typical Apartment Shower
Typical Apartment Living Room
Apartment Snack/Sink Area